Sustainable Engineering Group is seeking to hire an enthusiastic Energy Engineer. We are a team of progressive engineers who are committed to using our skills to limit the use of the earth’s natural resources by helping to reduce energy consumption in buildings. If you feel that you share this same commitment then we want to hear from you. We are an energetic and growing company based in Madison, Wisconsin. We offer excellent benefits, emphasis on work/life balance, a flexible work structure and a competitive compensation. Madison, Wisconsin consistently ranks as a top community to live, work, play and raise a family. Learn about this beautiful city and exciting things to do at www.visitmadison.com.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain a positive, professional working relationship with architects, engineers, contractors and stakeholders to provide energy efficiency, sustainable design and commissioning services to the commercial building sector by identifying opportunities for energy savings and demand reduction.
- Assist with on-site energy audits and installation reviews.
- Demonstrate energy savings to the client with the use of spreadsheet calculations and energy simulations.
- Perform energy simulations using tools such as DOE2 (eQuest), Trane TRACE, TRNSYS, RETscreen, DesignBuilder, etc.
- Prepare reports for presentation to other design professionals and clients.
- Assist with commissioning and retro-commissioning activities.
- Help in the evaluation and implementation of energy conservation measures that involve HVAC and electrical equipment such as pumps, fans, boilers, chillers, solar collectors, the control and integration of such equipment, as well as lighting and the building envelope.
- Assist in proactively identifying opportunities for new projects and responding to requests for proposals. Maintain strong ongoing relationships with current clients as well as successfully securing new clients.
- Work as part of a team and assist co-workers in achieving goals through assistance, sharing information, guidance and collaboration.
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Engineering required (Mechanical or Electrical preferred).
- A minimum of 3 years relevant engineering work experience.
- PE and/or CEM certification is a plus.
- Good technical writing and excellent communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Highly motivated to learn more about sustainable practices and is passionate about sustainability and energy efficiency.
- Travel to project sites within and outside of Wisconsin is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
How to Apply
SEG is an equal opportunity employer. Please understand that candidates who do not fully meet the above requirements may not receive a phone call/interview at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
Please click the link below for our application or visit our careers page to see a full listing of job openings.