Sustainable Engineering Group is seeking a Commissioning Authority who wants to make an impact on building performance and energy consumption. We are a team of progressive engineers who are committed to improving indoor air quality and comfort while reducing energy consumption and playing our part to reduce the use of natural resources in buildings. If you feel that you share this same commitment, then we want to hear from you. We offer excellent benefits, emphasis on work/life balance, a flexible work structure and a competitive compensation. Madison, Wisconsin consistently ranks as a top community to live, work, play and raise a family. Learn about this beautiful city and the exciting things to do at www.visitmadison.com.
Please note that candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain a positive, professional working relationship with architects, engineers, contractors and stakeholders in providing commissioning services to the commercial building sector.
- Perform reviews of mechanical, electrical and building envelope documents throughout the design phase of a building.
- Provide on-site construction verification and functional performance testing of building energy systems (HVAC, lighting, electrical). Experience with building envelope commissioning is a plus but not essential.
- Prepare various commissioning documents.
- Perform retro-commissioning services for existing buildings by evaluating and assisting in the implementation of energy conservation measures that involve HVAC equipment such as pumps, fans, boilers, chillers, solar collectors, the control and integration of such equipment, as well as lighting and the building envelope.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for new projects with existing and future clients and assist in responding to requests for proposals. Maintain strong ongoing relationships with clients.
- Work as part of a team and assist co-workers in achieving goals, through offering assistance, sharing information, guidance, and collaboration.
- A minimum of a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering bachelor degree (or equivalent) is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience (commissioning, design, construction, or operation).
- PE and/or CEM certification is preferred.
- LEED accreditation is a plus.
- Strong technical writing and excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Highly motivated to learn more about sustainable practices and is passionate about sustainability and energy efficiency.
- Travel to project sites within and outside Wisconsin is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in United States.
SEG is an equal opportunity employer. Please understand that candidates who do not fully meet the above requirements may not receive a phone call/interview at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
Please click the link below for our application or visit our careers page to see a full listing of job openings.